1. What am I? (1 point)
2. What is the name for this type of feature? (1 point)
Name the parts at A and B (1 point each)
3. Dent is famous for a ‘terrible’ group of people.
A. Who were they?
B. Why were they ‘terrible’?
(1 point each)
4. Roe deer young (usually called fawns or kids) are born with spots, but how long do they generally keep them for? (1 point)
A. 2-3 weeks
B. 8-10 weeks
C. 4-6 months
5. Which of these is NOT an alternative name for a curlew? (1 point)
D. Thick knee
6. How many kilometres of public footpath are there in the Yorkshire Dales National Park? (1 point)
7. The Yorkshire Dales is known for its sheep farming (that’s why our logo is a ram’s head), but which of the following is it correct to say? (1 point)
A. The herd of sheep was in the field
B. The herd of sheep were in the field
8. Which of these birds calls a “t’wit t’woo”? (1 point)
A. Barn owl
B. Little owl
C. Tawny owl
What is the secret of its call? (1 point)
9. Name the breed of sheep (1 point)
10. Can you name the town or village in each anagram? They are all in the National Park. (1 point each)
A. Alpha mc
B. Deer flit shh
C. Not ring
D. He was
E. Begin wing
So you have completed the quiz. There are a possible 18 points up for grabs. How do you think you did?
This is just to play for fun at home among friends and family so please don’t post your answers up so that everyone can have a go!
We’ll be revealing the answers on Monday 4 May.