Planning advice service
We strongly recommend you obtain planning advice before submitting a planning application. See Planning advice service for further information.
How to submit a planning application
All planning applications, other than those general permitted development orders (GPDOs – for further information on these, see the GPDO criteria), notifications, advertisement consent and lawful development certificates, require the submission of a validation questionnaire which will identify all documents needed prior to validation:
- Full validation questionnaire
- Householder validation questionnaire (for use if your application is for extensions and alterations to a dwelling, including the erection of extensions, garages and other domestic outbuildings, walls, fences and so on)
- Listed building consent validation questionnaire
Full details of information required
For more details:
- Look at our Statutory national information requirements page
- Look at our Local information requirements page
- Or contact the Senior Planning Technician by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01969 652345
You can apply for planning permission online using the Planning Portal. This allows you to complete the application form, pay the fee and attach required documentation. Some forms are not available through the planning portal, see our Forms page.
Plan checking service
We have found that more than 50% of planning applications submitted to the Authority are incomplete when they are first sent in. This results in delays in dealing with these applications. Our Planning Technician Team offers a service to speed up the registration of applications. It gives applicants’ peace of mind that all the required information has been submitted to enable the application to be dealt with speedily. The Plan Checking Service provides an opportunity for applicants to have their planning documents checked before submitting the application.
The service will give you a ‘same day’ response on whether you have:
- completed all of the forms
- provided the right plans
- have all of the supporting information necessary to submit an application which can be registered without delay
Cost of plan checking service
- Householder Application: £12 including VAT
- Major Application: £54 including VAT
- All other Applications: £27 including VAT
Portal applications must be paid for through the Planning Portal. Otherwise, you can pay over the phone (01969 652345) using a debit or credit card or send a cheque made payable to Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority (YDNPA) to the address at the bottom of this web page.
How to sign up for the plan checking service
Please email the Senior Planning Technician at email@example.com or call 01969 652345.
The Yorkshire Dales National Park Design Guide provides guidance on the quality of design that is expected from development proposals and also provides positive help to achieve it. The guide helps to explain what is considered ‘good design’ in the context of this National Park. In doing so it builds on the guidance given in the National Planning Policy Framework on design and helps designers and developers to interpret the design policies in the Local Plan.
For the strategy, guidance, land allocations and criteria we use to determine proposals for the development and change of use of land and buildings within the National Park, please take a look at our Planning policy section.