Thank you for your interest in working for the Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority. Any current vacancies we have are listed below, along with details of how to apply and the terms and conditions of working for the National Park Authority.
Terms and conditions of employment
Specific terms and conditions will be issued for each post as it becomes vacant and you may find it useful to read our general terms and conditions of employment, which you can read here. You can also read our privacy notice, which explains how we deal with your personal information when applying for jobs. Read that here.
All employees must be able to demonstrate that they are legally entitled to work in the United Kingdom. In order to apply for employment with Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority, you must declare that you have the right to work in the United Kingdom and that, if successful, you will be able to provide the necessary documentation (typically a passport or a birth certificate, together with your National Insurance Number).
Benefits for employees are kept under review to ensure they remain attractive and appropriate. This approach is supplemented by work-life balance and training policies. We are committed to maintaining safe and healthy working conditions for all staff. We also aim to maintain good communication and working relationships with trade unions and all of our people. Read our employee benefits statement here.
Disability Confident is a national scheme to support employers make the most of the talents people with disabilities can bring to the workplace. Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority is a Disability Confident Employer. This means that we are committed to employing, supporting and promoting people with disabilities in the workplace. Being recognised as a Disability Confident Employer means that we are committed to the following, to support us in recruiting and retaining people with disabilities in our employment:
- We actively look to attract and recruit disabled people
- We provide a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process
- We offer an interview to all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy
- We are flexible when assessing people so disabled job applicants have the best opportunity to demonstrate that they can do the job
- We proactively offer and make reasonable adjustments as required
- We encourage our suppliers and partner firms to be Disability Confident
- We ensure our employees have appropriate disability equality awareness
- We promote a culture of being Disability Confident
- We support employees to manage their disabilities or health conditions
- We ensure there are no barriers to the development and progression of staff with disabilities
- We ensure managers are aware of how they can support staff who are sick or absent from work
- We value and listen to feedback from disabled staff
For details of vacancies at other National Park Authorities, visit the UK National Parks website.