How much does a planning application cost?
You can calculate planning fees using the Planning Portal’s Fee calculator. You will be asked a number of questions then the fee will be calculated for you.
Alternatively you can:
- Download our Schedule of fees 2017 or
- Contact the Senior Planning Technician – phone 01969 652345, email email@example.com – who will calculate the fee for you.
Legal fees for Section 106 Agreements
- Standard Agreement: £600 (inclusive of VAT)
- Legal fees for Section 106 Agreements
- Complex Agreements*: between £50 to £80 an hour plus VAT, subject to a minimum charge of £600
*Decision on whether an agreement is complex and, if so, the hourly rate applicable, is made by YDNPA solicitor.
Minerals and landfill
Regulations have come into force requiring the payment of fees to planning authorities for the monitoring of mineral and landfill waste sites that are covered by extant planning permissions. The fees set by the Government are £397 for each site visit to an active site or £132 for a visit to an inactive site.
How to pay
If you apply for planning permission online through the Planning Portal you must pay the fee through them or the submitted application will not be released. Alternatively, if applying by post or email, at the present time we can only receive payments via bank transfer or bacs, our details are given below; when you have made the payment please can you email both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com so we can ensure it has been received:
- A/c Name: Yorkshire Dales NP 97
- Sort Code: 20-61-53
- Account: 80895814
You can also pay by cheque made payable to ‘Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority’ (YDNPA) , although this may cause a delay. A receipt will be issued once the application has been checked and accepted as complete.
Applications exempt from fees
The following planning applications are exempt from fees:
- Any application for Listed Building Consent.
- Any application to provide means of access for disabled people to a building, to alter an existing home for a disabled person who lives or proposes to live there, or to provide facilities for his or her greater safety, health and comfort.
Furthermore, any previous application that has been resubmitted will be exempt from a fee provided that:
- it is made by the same applicant,
- it relates to the same site or part of the site and to no other land other than any land required for access purposes,
- the proposed development is of the same character or description as the original application,
- it is made within one year of the decision (or date of original application if it was withdrawn),
- the appropriate fee was paid for the original application
- the application has not already had a free go.
If you are unsure about any of the above the Senior Planning Technician can always assist you – phone 01969 652345, email firstname.lastname@example.org