Who we are and how to contact us
The website www.yorkshiredales.org.uk] is operated by the Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority (“the Authority”). We have offices at:
Bainbridge: Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority
Grassington: Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
By using our website you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our website.
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our website, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
How you may use material on our website
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our website for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our website.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our website must always be acknowledged (except where the content is user-generated)
You must not remove any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property notices or watermark contained in the original material or from any material copied or printed from the website.
You must not use any part of the content on our website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
No text or data mining, or web scraping
You shall not conduct, facilitate, authorise or permit any text or data mining or web scraping in relation to our website or any services provided via, or in relation to, our website. This includes using (or permitting, authorising or attempting the use of):
- Any “robot”, “bot”, “spider”, “scraper” or other automated device, program, tool, algorithm, code, process or methodology to access, obtain, copy, monitor or republish any portion of the website or any data, content, information or services accessed via the same.
- Any automated analytical technique aimed at analysing text and data in digital form to generate information which includes but is not limited to patterns, trends and correlations.
The provisions in this clause should be treated as an express reservation of our rights in this regard, including for the purposes of Article 4(3) of Digital Copyright Directive ((EU) 2019/790).
This clause shall not apply insofar as (but only to the extent that) we are unable to exclude or limit text or data mining or web scraping activity by contract under the laws which are applicable to us.
The content on our website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our website.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our website is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our website contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. [However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.]
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
How we use your personal information
When you supply any personal information to us, we have legal obligations towards you in the way we deal with that data. Please see our Privacy Notice; for more information contact email@example.com
Access to your personal information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information the Authority holds about you by making a subject access request. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about this process.
Find information about the accessibility of our website here – the Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority website accessibility statement.
Rules about linking to our website
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our website in any website that is not owned by you.
Our website must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of our website other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our website other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
Our trade marks are registered
Rams Head, trade mark number UK00002479702 and The Three Peaks, trade mark number UK00002525527 are UK registered trade marks of Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority. You are not permitted to use them without our approval.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Analytical/performance cookies. The cookies we use are Google Analytics web analytics cookies. These cookies are used to help record your use of this website. They are used to collect statistics about site usage such as when you last visited the site. This information is then used to improve the user experience on our website. The Google Analytics cookies contain randomly generated IDs used to recognise your browser when you read a page. The cookies contain no personal information and are used only for web analytics.
- We use the following cookies on this website:
|_ga||.yorkshiredales.org.uk||Analytics||The _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors.||2 years|
|_gid||yorkshiredales.org.uk||Analytics||Installed by Google Analytics, _gid cookie stores information on how visitors use a website, while also creating an analytics report of the website’s performance. Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously.||1 day|
|.yorkshiredales.org.uk||Analytics||Set by Google to distinguish users.||1 minute|
More information about cookies
If you’d like to find out more about cookies and their use, the website All About Cookies provides more information about what they are and how they work.