Applications are now viewed through our Citizens’ Portal. From there you can search and view planning applications and, once registered, can comment or respond to planning consultations and also track the progress of current planning applications.
Neighbour notifications re-commenced in August 2021, and are undertaken as follows:
- Within settlements we will notify neighbours whose property’s address point is within 20m of the site.
- Outside settlements we will notify neighbours whose property’s address point is within 40m of the site.
- A site notice will be displayed.
Planning history search
The Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority can undertake planning history searches on individual properties or land. Should you require this service please forward the following by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Full address of the property
- Up to date scale plan showing the extent and location of the land you require searching clearly outlined in red
- £45.84 (including VAT) fee – at the present time payments can only be made by bacs (A/c Name Yorkshire Dales NP 97, sort code 20-61-53, A/c No 80895814) – if paying by bacs please email planning and email@example.com when payment completed so we can look out for it. NB: The £45.84 fee gives a Planning Application search giving applications from 1 January 2000 to present date; there is an additional option of an Historic records search from 1 April 1974 to 31 December 1999 for a further £45.84 (including VAT @ 20%).
This service is for planning history only; please refer to the relevant district council if a full Local Land Charges Search is required.
If you have future plans for the property, you may find our Planning advice service more useful.
Below is a list of applications that are required to be advertised in the local press: