You can view and comment on planning applications through our Citizens’ Portal. Once registered, you can comment or respond to planning consultations and also track the progress of current planning applications.
NB Please note submitted comments can take up to five days to be reviewed and accepted so will not appear on our website immediately.
Commenting on an application
When we review your comments on an application we can only take account of ‘material considerations’, these can include (but are not limited to):
- Overlooking/loss of privacy
- Loss of light/overshadowing / overbearing
- Parking/traffic/highway safety
- Nature conservation
- Effect on listed building and conservation area
- Layout and density
- Design, appearance and materials
- Landscape impact
- Government policy
- Disabled persons’ access
- Proposals in the Development Plan
- Previous planning decisions (including appeal decisions)
Issues such as loss of a private view, impact on property value, covenants, and private rights are not material considerations.
We notify neighbours in the following ways:
- Within settlements we will notify neighbours whose property’s address point (provided by Ordnance Survey) is within 20m of the site, and those that adjoin the site.
- Outside settlements we will notify neighbours whose property’s address point (provided by Ordnance Survey) is within 40m of the site, and those that adjoin the site.
- A site notice will be displayed.
- NB Neighbour notifications are not carried out on applications for listed building consent.
Planning history search
The Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority can undertake planning history searches on individual properties or land. Should you require this service please forward the following by email to email@example.com:
- Full address of the property
- Up to date scale plan showing the extent and location of the land you require searching clearly outlined in red
- £48 (including VAT) fee – at the present time payments can only be made by bacs (A/c Name Yorkshire Dales NP 97, sort code 20-61-53, A/c No 80895814) – if paying by bacs please email firstname.lastname@example.org when payment completed so we can look out for it. NB: The £48 fee gives a Planning Application search giving applications from 1 January 2000 to present date; there is an additional option of an Historic records search from 1 April 1974 to 31 December 1999 for a further £48 (including VAT @ 20%).
This service is for planning history only; please refer to the relevant district council if a full Local Land Charges Search is required.