1. Can you name the collective nouns for these animals? (1 point each)
As an example you could say ‘a conspiracy of ravens’.
C. Peregrine falcons
2. Can you name the feature? (1 point)
3. Can you work out the wildflowers in each of the cryptic clues? (1 point each)
A. A well-dressed cat
B. Festive bird, dressed in tatters
C. Family pet turns pink?
D. An upper-class gathering
E. Bobs culinary flavouring
4. Which bird does this head belong to? (1 point)
5. If you were going to play with ‘taws’, what would you be doing? (1 point)
A. Dressing up
B. Playing marbles
C. Painting a picture
6. Can you identify the butterflies? (1 point each)
7. Which famous author and Yorkshire Dales resident said:
“I won’t know for sure if Malhamdale is the finest place there is until I have died and seen heaven (assuming they let me at least have a glance), but until that day comes, it will certainly do.”
8. Can you name the body of water? (1 point)
9. What feature on this section of map tells of the area’s industrial heritage? (1 point)
10. Can you work out the hill in each of the anagrams? They are all in the National Park. (1 point each)
A. Boggle oh ruin
B. Cub deep kink
C. Roadbed ghoul
D. Bridal fellow
E. Anteaters pig
So you have completed the quiz. There are a possible 24 points up for grabs. How do you think you did?
This is just to play for fun at home among friends and family – please don’t post your answers up so that everyone can have a go! But we’d like to hear how you scored.
We’ll be revealing the answers next week!