1. In which year was the Yorkshire Dales National Park officially designated? (1 point)
2. If you have a ‘cratch’, what should you do? (1 point)
A. Get a friend to help you scratch it
B. Sit on it
C. Drink it
3. Can you name the stone feature in the wall? (1 point)
4. Can you name the watercourse that runs through the following dales? (1 point each)
5. Can you name the white flower in the photograph? (1 point)
Where would you usually find it growing? (1 point)
6. What is the common name for a cave with one or more vertical shafts? (1 point)
7. Who does this nose belong to? Can you name the animal? (1 point)
8. Where can you find roads without cars, woods without trees, and villages without houses? (1 point)
9. Can you name the hill in this aerial photograph? (1 point)
10. Can you name the town or village in each anagram? They are all in the National Park. (1 point each)
A. Blob rum hehe
B. Rack rim
C. Gran ma
D. Deb gersh
E. Calf fleing
So you have completed the quiz. There are a possible 19 points up for grabs. How do you think you did?
This is just to play for fun at home among friends and family – please don’t post your answers up so that everyone can have a go! But we’d like to hear how you scored.
We’ll be revealing the answers next week!