The Three Peaks of Pen-y-ghent, Ingleborough and Whernside are among the best-known in the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Every year thousands come to reach the top of at least one or to conquer all three in one go.
The app contains routes for;
- The classic 24-mile circular walk.
- An individual walk route for Whernside (7 3/4 miles).
- An individual walk route for Pen-y-ghent ( 6 miles).
- An individual walk route for Ingleborough (10 miles).
- Clapham walk (3 3/4 miles).
- Horton-in-Ribblesdale walk (5 miles).
- Ingleborough from Ingleton (6 1/4 miles).
- Ribblehead walk (4 miles).
This GPS-enabled app provides reassurance by showing your position on the route as your walk as well as showing how far you are around the route. The app will work without a phone signal, it uses your phone’s internal GPS system.
This app has been developed alongside our National Park Rangers who have added points of interest along the routes of all of the walks for you.
The app also includes important safety advice for walking the Three Peaks and the Three Peaks code of conduct, which will help you to stay safe on the walks and help respect our local communities.
Buy the Yorkshire Dales App for your phone
The app costs £2.99 to download. The proceeds of this app all go towards helping the Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority maintain the Yorkshire Three Peaks network.
Where does the money from this app go?
The Yorkshire Three Peaks are very fragile environments, and the public rights of way network is under pressure from the hundreds of thousands of visitors that come to enjoy it each year. Maintaining the paths in the Yorkshire Three Peaks area costs on average £35 per metre.
Find out more about the Three Peaks Project which was set up to ensure the area is maintained and improved in the long term by generating a sustainable income to help pay for its management, including funding for a dedicated Yorkshire Three Peaks Ranger.
- The app is not a mapping tool. You must take other forms of navigation with you and know how to use them. We recommend you have an OS Explorer OL2 Yorkshire Dales (Southern and Western) map with you.
- Using GPS tracking uses more of your battery than normal – do not rely solely on this app when walking.
- Always be prepared, conditions can change rapidly in an upland area such as the Three Peaks.
- You must read the safety information contained in this app before using the route information.
Our Yorkshire Dales National Park walking app
Contains OS data © Crown copyright and database right 2020.
Contains OpenStreetMap Data © OpenStreetMap contributors: www.openstreetmap.org/copyright
This walking app was developed for the Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority by the team at Local Walks