Skip to main content
Muddy Boots Guided Discovery Walks
If you would like to really immerse yourself in the landscape of the Yorkshire Dales and explore some less well-known areas, try a private guided Discovery Walk. The small team at Muddy Boots have designed each of the Discovery Walks to ensure that you experience the very best of the Dales. Take the paths less trodden as you explore their favourite secret spots, uncover the stories and characteristics that define the Dales and, most importantly, have a fun day out!
The Discovery Walks are private for you and your group and are led by a knowledgeable local guide. They include a picnic of delicious local produce, a stop in friendly country pub or village cafe, or a visit to one of the Dales’ excellent food and drink producers. Muddy Boots can also arrange bespoke guided walks, which can be of a length and difficulty to suit you.
The collection includes:
- HISTORY, MYSTERY, HILLS AND GILLS (BUCKDEN) – 7.5 miles up stunning Buckden Gill to the summit of Buckden Pike. Enjoy a picnic with stunning views and relax over a drink back in the village.
- RECONNECTING WITH NATURE (GUNNERSIDE) – 7.5 miles exploring the fascinating history of Gunnerside Gill, visiting a 200-year-old working smithy and relaxing with a drink in the village pub.
- SUNSET OVER THE DALES (WEST BURTON) – 3 miles taking in a pretty village, beautiful waterfall, peaceful woodland and stunning views before watching the sunset from our favourite spot.
- HILL TOPS AND TRAIN TRACKS (GARSDALE) – 13 mile linear walk along the remote western ridge of the Mallerstang valley, over Wild Boar Fell, with a trip on the famous Settle-Carlisle Railway.
- FAMILY ADVENTURE WALK (KETTLEWELL) – 4.5 miles from Kettlewell, designed to encourage the kids develop a love of nature and become independent explorers, as well as having a fun day out!
- BESPOKE GUIDED WALKS – If you like the idea of a private guided walk but would prefer something tailored to your interests or in a certain location, we can design a route specifically for you.
Have a look at the Muddy Boots website for more information and to book your walk.