1. Can you name the stripy features in the fields? (1 point)
2. The ‘dew’ of which carnivorous plant was once used in anti-aging potions? (1 point)
3. Can you name the animal in the photograph? (1 point)
4. In which direction do the following dales generally run? For example, Malhamdale runs roughly from north to south. (1 point each)
5. I can see you… Who does this eye, with the fancy eyeshadow, belong to? (1 point)
6. In the Dales, if you could see a ‘delf’, what would you be looking at? (1 point)
A. A group of trees
B. A deer
C. A hole
D. A teaset
7. This pretty plant grows in grasslands in many places (including sneaking into lawns!). Do you know what it is? (1 point)
8. Which Wensleydale hamlet was the scene of bread riots in 1757? (1 point)
9. Name the village in the photograph. (1 point)
10. Can you work out the location in each of the cryptic clues? They are all in the National Park. (1 point each)
A. A very stable home
B. Often seen on the side of a vehicle
C. Boggy but colourful
D. Aquatic creature gets too hot
E. Always a strong wind here
So you have completed the quiz. There are a possible 18 points up for grabs. How do you think you did?
This is just to play for fun at home among friends and family – please don’t post your answers up so that everyone can have a go! But we’d like to hear how you scored.
We’ll be revealing the answers next week!