1. Can you identify the pink-flowered plant? (1 point)
2. ‘Barm’ is a substance that would have been found at most farms, but what would you have used it for? (1 point)
A. Greasing your tractor
B. Baking bread
C. Doing your washing
3. Can you identify the butterflies? (1 point each)
Which of these butterflies does NOT use stinging nettles as food for its caterpillars? (1 point)
4. What am I? (1 point)
5. In the Yorkshire Dales, what is a ‘North of England Mule’? (1 point)
6. What am I? (1 point)
7. Where would you find the ‘burning of the Bartle’? (1 point)
8. Most of the dales within the National Park are named after their rivers, but can you name the dales that each of these rivers flows through? (1 point each)
9. Name the village in the photo. (1 point)
10. Can you work out the locations in each of the cryptic clues? They are all in the National Park. (1 point each)
A. Long bench
B. Pebbles for children
C. Place for large corvids to rest
D. Orchard plant close by a candle
E. Plenty in the Farmers Arms
So you have completed the quiz. There are a possible 21 points up for grabs. How do you think you did?
This is just to play for fun at home among friends and family – please don’t post your answers up so that everyone can have a go! But we’d like to hear how you scored.
We’ll be revealing the answers on Monday 11 May.