The Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority has today revealed plans for a return to in person committee meetings now that remote meetings are no longer lawful.
In order to comply with health and safety guidelines, and to ensure social distancing, the Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority will hold its next two committee meetings at West Burton Village Hall and Grassington Devonshire Institute.
- The Finance and Resource Committee meeting on 25 May 2021 will be held at West Burton Village Hall.
- The Planning Committee meeting on 15 June 2021 will be held at Grassington Devonshire Institute.
Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority Chair Neil Heseltine said:
“Until the Government’s Covid restrictions are lifted further – currently planned for 21 June – we need to make use of larger indoor venues in order to accommodate Authority Members, members of the public and local media in a safe, socially distanced environment.
“For safety reasons, this will mean limiting places available to those wishing to attend, so priority will be given to those who are registered public speakers and, after that, places will be allocated on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.
“Anyone wishing to attend a meeting will need to pre-book by contacting the Authority’s Committees Officer once the agenda has been published online. While not ideal, our priority is to keep Authority Members, the public and media safe when attending meetings”.
Committee meetings can no longer be live-streamed; however, recordings will be available to listen back to on the Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority website and YouTube channel.
Mr Heseltine continued: “This is not a situation of our making. We are strongly supportive of local authorities, including this Authority, being given the option to hold meetings face-to-face or remotely – the decision being a local one – and we will continue to press Government for those powers”.
What to expect when attending Authority Committee meetings
The legislation which allowed us to hold remote meetings expired on 7 May 2021. We have therefore made plans to resume face to face meetings, whilst still operating under Government guidance regarding safe Covid practices. As part of this, please ensure you follow this guidance if you are attending one of our meetings.
Before the meeting
- Please DO NOT come to the meeting if you have had any Covid symptoms (high temperature, new continuous cough, a loss or change to your sense of taste or smell), or if you should be self-isolating.
- Attendance at the meeting is by invitation only. Members of the public – there are a limited number of spaces available to attend each meeting, which must be pre-booked. Registered public speakers will have priority. If you wish to come to the meeting, please contact the Committees Officer (details below) – spaces will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
- If you wish us to consider any reasonable adjustments to make the meeting more accessible to you, please let the Committees Officer know as early as possible.
- Please let us know as soon as possible if you won’t be able to attend the meeting, as your space can then be offered to someone else.
What to bring
- No refreshments (including water) will be provided – you may wish to bring your own drinks bottle.
- Windows and doors will be opened during the meeting where possible and the ventilation system will be set to maximum fresh air intake, so the room temperature may a bit cooler than usual – you may wish to bring a warm jacket.
Arriving at the meeting
- Please don’t arrive at the meeting too early.
- Members of the public – you will be required to provide track and trace details. (We already have the relevant details for Authority Members and members of staff).
- Please observe social distancing (2 metres) throughout your attendance at the meeting. Please avoid any huddled informal conversations, for example before or after the meeting.
- A member of staff will be on hand when you arrive. Please follow their directions – there will be a one-way system in place and seating will be laid out to observe social distancing.
- Please use the hand sanitiser when entering the building.
- Face masks must be worn on entering the building, unless you are exempt. Please make sure these cover both your nose and mouth. Keep your face mask on at all times whilst moving about the building.
During the meeting
- If you are an active participant at the meeting, you may remove your mask (optional) when seated at the meeting itself. Please put it back on if you leave your seat.
- Please exercise good hand hygiene when using the facilities (eg toilets).
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided, before and after using any shared equipment or after using touch points (eg. door handles).
- Members of staff who are coming to a meeting for a particular item will be asked to wait outside the meeting until that item – someone will let you know when we are ready for you. Please leave the meeting once that item has been dealt with.
- If you feel poorly at the meeting, please let a member of staff know straight away.
After the meeting
If you develop Covid symptoms within 7 days of attending the meeting you MUST comply with the Government guidance on obtaining a Covid test and assisting with track and trace.
For more information
For more information, please contact the Committees Officer:
Clare Tamea, Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority, Yoredale, Bainbridge, North Yorkshire, DL8 3EL. Tel – 01969 652364 Email – email@example.com