July 26, 2023
Forest and Farm Family Adventure
Venue:The Wensleydale Experience, Coach House
Swinithwaite, DL8 4UH
26th – 28th July 2023
£599 per yurt (up to 5 people)
Come and join us on our forest and farm family adventure event in Wensleydale this Summer!
This fun-packed, inclusive and immersive experience introduces our brand-new collaboration with the fantastic Rob from Acorns to Oaks forest school, our old friend Rhoda the storyteller and of course our very own farmer Tim who will take you on a tractor and trailer adventure around the estate.
On the first night, check in to your luxury yurt between 4 and 6pm with a welcoming brambly mocktail for all the family. Enjoy an evening of (age appropriate) stories with Rhoda our resident storyteller. Afterwards, enjoy getting to know your yurts and relax in your pre-heated hot tub.
On Thursday morning, we’ll walk down to the Wensleydale wood for a session with Rob where the whole family will have the chance to try a multitude of activities, including woodland crafts, whittling, tying knots and lashings and much more, all overseen and facilitated by skilled staff in a well-equipped and managed woodland setting.
Then it’s back to the farm for a picnic lunch in the barn.
In the afternoon, climb aboard our purpose-built trailer and, with Tim driving the tractor, we will head up Penhill on a moorland safari to explore our wild and wonderful estate. We will see the Highland cows, look at lime kilns and hopefully see lots of birds, including curlews, oystercatchers and more. On our return, you will get to feed the animals around the farmyard, including our pigs, lambs, goats, chickens and llamas.
The evening will be yours to enjoy around the yurt site, spending time with the new friends you and your children have made. There’s lots of space on-site to play and explore the yurt wood or relax in the hot tubs.
The next day, say goodbye to your new friends with check out at 10am on Friday morning.
- Brambly mocktails on arrival
- Storytelling session with Rhoda
- Acorn to Oaks forest activities session
- Barn picnic lunch
- Tractor and trailer ride, moorland safari and farm tour
- Pre-heated hot tub for check-in plus a complimentary basket of logs to use throughout your stay. More logs available to purchase on-site.
- Yurt accommodation for up to 5 people for 2 nights, including a private wood-fired hot tub, private shower and toilet block, BBQ etc.
- A tea and coffee tray in your yurt
What you need to bring:
- Plenty of clothing (and sunscreen) suitable for outdoor use
- Food for breakfast and supper (food boxes are also available as an optional extra; see here for more details and e-mail: email@example.com to order; we also have an on-site café and farm shop)
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to book your adventure in Wensleydale!
If you have any dietary requirements, just let us know when you book!