In our attempts to deliver high quality and efficient services to our customers, we have set the following general standards of service that the National Park Authority and its officers aim to follow:
- Set an example in caring for the environment and in avoiding wasteful use of resources.
- Pursue equality of opportunity in employment and in the way we deliver our services to the public.
- Place the highest emphasis on the health and safety of the public who use our facilities.
- Treat people courteously at all times.
- Communicate promptly, acknowledging letters and emails, and responding within five working days. Please note there may be situations that restrict the Authority’s ability to fully respond to queries and requests within five working days, however when this is the case this will be explained and an accurate timescale provided.
- Avoid jargon in our dealings with the public.
- Answer all telephone calls within 15 seconds.
- Keep people informed about our work through our publications, the internet, media and direct contact with the public.
- Pay accounts within 30 days of receipt.
- Provide a friendly, helpful and efficient reception service to those who visit our offices.
- Ensure waiting times at Reception are less than 5 minutes.
- Respond to social media comments/queries quickly and professionally, and as a minimum within 1 working day.
In terms of our performance against the standards.
- During the period 1 March – 31 May 2023, 97% of calls were answered within 15 seconds.
- During the period 1 March – 31 May 2023, 100% of wait times at Reception were less than 5 minutes.
- During the period 1 March – 31 May 2023, 100% of social media comments/queries were responded to within 1 working day.
- During the 2022/23 financial year, 98.9% of invoices received were paid within 30 days.