Come and experience the Yorkshire Dales by becoming a Nature Explorer!
Generation Green is a new project in the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Through creating meaningful outdoor experiences, volunteering roles and residentials, the project aims to connect young people to nature – many for the first time – and to cultivate a sense of care for the natural environment.
We can offer FREE Nature Explorer day sessions (10am – 3pm) for children aged 14 – 18.
We have a range of offers to choose from:
- Citizen Science sessions at Hebden (near Grassington)
- Woodland Survival Skills at Cleatop (Settle)
- Creativity in Nature at Grass Woods (Grassington)
- Climate Change at Nethergill (Oughtershaw)
- Explorer Walking Skills throughout the National Park
- Dark Skies workshop (evening session) throughout the National Park
There will be a focus on enhancing young people’s wellbeing through connecting with nature. The sessions will be led by our Learning & Engagement Team and Dales Volunteers, but adults from the provider will also need to accompany the participants.
The provider would need to arrange transport to and from the location and packed lunches. A contribution towards transport costs is available for day visits.
Weekdays and weekends beginning week commencing 14 June 2021, until February half term.
FREE residential stays are available for groups at our YHAs across the National Park.
Risk assessments will be provided by the YDNPA. All staff and volunteers have enhanced DBS status and First Aid qualifications.
To find out more, please contact email@example.com