Generation Green is a 16-month funded project that aims to connect young people to nature, create and save jobs, and build an aspirant workforce for a green recovery.
Through new jobs, training, volunteering roles, residentials and outdoor and online learning experiences, the project will provide more than 100,000 opportunities to connect young people to nature – many for the first time – and to cultivate a sense of care for the natural environment.
Generation Green project partners
Generation green is an Access Unlimited consortium project and will be led by the Youth Hostel Association, the consortium includes; The Outward Bound Trust, Scouts, Girlguiding, Field Studies Council and the 10 English National Parks. Find out more here about the wider project.
Generation Green at the Yorkshire Dales National Park
Here at the Yorkshire Dales National Park a specially recruited Youth Volunteering Officer and Youth Engagement Officer will be working with the staff from the Access and Engagement team and the wider authority to offer:
- 250 opportunities of “Youth action” / volunteering (for young people 14+)
- 500 opportunities to undertake National Park Explorer activities (for young people 8+)
- A programme for developing skills in 10 volunteers to become green leaders
- Residential opportunities at youth hostels for 350 young people though National Park Explorer and National Park Conserver programmes
Who can participate?
Our work will be focused on young people that are traditionally less likely – due to social, economic and cultural factors – to connect with nature, or engage with nature and nature preservation/conservation.
- We are offering funded explorer and conserver sessions for schools, groups and individuals. These range from our skilled staff coming to you in your settings and communities, facilitated days in the park right through residentials stays in the Yorkshire Dales.
To find out more contact Alex Green firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are also offering funded volunteering opportunities for groups and individuals. These range from our skilled staff coming to you in your settings and communities, facilitated days in the park right through residentials stays in the Yorkshire Dales as well as a supported 12 month programme to develop volunteer green leaders.
To find out more about getting involved please contact Caroline Hall email@example.com