The Friends of the Dales Countryside Museum is an independent charity set up to help in the running of the Museum.
Find out more about the Dales Countryside Museum
If you’re thinking of visiting, take a look at the Dales Countryside Museum website.
Hello from the Friends of the Dales Countryside Museum!
The Friends of the Dales Countryside Museum is an independent charity set up to help in the running of the Museum. We aim to:
- promote the improvement of the Museum,
- raise funds to help maintain and develop the collection,
- arrange events for the interest and education of Friends.
There are many and varied ways that we achieve our objectives. These include:
- giving lectures
- helping with events and exhibitions
- carrying our research
- helping people to make use of the Museum’s study facilities
- being a costumed interpreter for visitors
- helping with children’s activities such as apple day
- baking tasty treats for events
- demonstrating traditional skills and crafts such as spinning, quilting and weaving for others to see and enjoy
- working in a team of volunteers to label, clean and conserve items from the Museum’s artefacts collection
- helping to raise funds to help maintain and enlarge the collection or to purchase specialist equipment.
As well as getting great satisfaction, interest and fun from being involved in these activities, they also provide Friends with opportunities to meet other like-minded people and enjoy the facilities and collection at the Museum.
Members of the Friends of DCM can be as active as they wish, the only requirements are that you have an interest in the history of the Yorkshire Dales and want to promote and support the work of Dales Countryside Museum and its collection.
Membership is by an annual subscription of only £10, and will entitle you to:
- free entrance to the Museum,
- a free copy of the Friends of DCM’s annual publication, ‘Now Then’,
- free entry to Friends’ lectures.
So what are you waiting for?! Why not join us today and help make a difference to the Museum?