The beauty and tranquillity of the country roads and bridleway network in the National Park already attracts a large number of cyclists each year, but the legacy of the Tour de France Grand Depart in Yorkshire 2014, together with the growing awareness of sustainable travel, means that we are already seeing a steady increase of cyclists, both road and mountain bikers, to the Yorkshire Dales.
While we appreciate that not everyone has the facilities to provide overnight secure cycle facilities, we know that there are cheaper and smaller things you can provide to equally help cyclists enjoy their stay.
- a basic bike repair tool kit on site for emergency repairs
- outdoor washing facilities for muddy bikes
- washing and drying facilities for muddy clothing
- a secure baggage and/or bike room
- provision of a secure bike stand for carrying out maintenance and repair work
- portable tool kits, pumps and first aid kits to lend or rent out for day trips
- the provision of a variety of maps, books, leaflets and suitable attractions and local routes geared up for a cycling audience.
Leaflets and information about local routes and attractions can be supplied by the Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority.
The National Park Authority also maintains ‘Cycle the Dales’ website and displays information on businesses in the Dales which cater for cyclists. To be included within the basic listing on this site, please email email@example.com.