Clapham cum Newby Parish Council has submitted a Neighbourhood Plan for the whole of its area.
In accordance with Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 the Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority in partnership with North Yorkshire Council is publicising the draft Plan.
Comments are invited and will be forwarded to an independent examiner once the National Park Authority and Parish Council have appointed one. The examiner will assess the Plan’s proposals and supporting documents against the following ‘basic conditions’ (Schedule 4B to the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (inserted by the Localism Act 2011).
- having regard to national policies and advice contained in guidance issued by the Secretary of State it is appropriate to make the neighbourhood plan.
- the making of the neighbourhood plan contributes to the achievement of sustainable development.
- the making of the neighbourhood plan is in general conformity with the strategic policies contained in the development plan for the area of the authority (or any part of that area).
- the making of the neighbourhood plan does not breach, and is otherwise compatible with, European Union obligations.
- prescribed conditions are met in relation to the plan and prescribed matters have been complied with in connection with the proposal for the neighbourhood plan.
The plan as submitted, comprises of the following documents:
- Draft Neighbourhood Plan 2023-2030, Clapham cum Newby, Submission September 2023
- Appendices 1-8
- Appendices 9-12
- W1 Statement of Consultation
- W2 Conformity Statement with map
- W3 Basic conditions statement
Comments are invited regarding whether the Plan fulfils the “basic conditions” above.
How to respond to this consultation:
Please send your comments by email to: email@example.com or by post to the Planning Policy Team, Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority, Yoredale, Bainbridge, Leyburn, North Yorkshire, DL8 3EL. A paper version of the draft plan will be available for viewing at our offices in Bainbridge and at Colvend, Grassington, BD23 5LB.
The consultation period for comments on the draft neighbourhood plan is between 6 November and 18 December 2023.