This consultation has now closed.
How ambitious should the new Local Plan be?
Our ‘Setting the agenda’ consultation asked you what you wanted to see in the next Local Plan. You told us that you wanted:
- a more ‘plan led’ approach to development, including a wider range of news homes and more affordable housing;
- new development that supports biodiversity;
- lower carbon development;
- better broadband and mobile infrastructure; and
- continued conservation of the Park’s special qualities.
The next stage is to consult on alternative options for delivering some of these outcomes. We have divided the ‘Exploring our options’ consultation into 3 sections:
- Spatial strategy (i.e. where development should go)
- New housing sites
The Ambitions consultation will run first and look at 3 key areas of future strategy:
- the number of new homes needed to support community sustainability;
- the level of emissions to aim at in new development; and
- what kind of development to allow on farms.
How to respond to this consultation:
- Complete the response form and send it back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Local Plan, Freepost YORKSHIREDALES or fill in the online survey.
- Take a look at the list of consultees and let us know if you think there are any other groups we should be consulting on the Local Plan (there is a section on the response form and the online survey where you can do this).
The closing date for responses is Friday 25th September 2020.
How will my comments be used?
We will use the responses to inform the preferred options going forward into a draft plan and our strategies around housing growth, climate change and future farm development. The National Park Authority will not send individual acknowledgements at this stage.
Protecting your privacy
For further information on how the Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority collects and uses your personal data, please view the Privacy Statement.
The next consultation will look at spatial strategy (where development should go) and at the options for new housing sites.
Telephone: 01969 652300
Sustainable Development Team
Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority