The mental health charity MIND say that spending time in green space or bringing nature into your everyday life can benefit both your mental and physical wellbeing. It can:
- Improve your mood
- Reduce feelings of stress or anger
- Help you take time out and feel more relaxed
- Improve your physical health
- Improve your confidence and self-esteem
- Help you be more active
- Help you make new connections
- Provide peer support.
Dales Discoveries are an independent not-for-profit led group made up of people who live in and love the Yorkshire Dales; they created this Yorkshire Dales Guide to Health & Happiness which you can download here. The guide will inspire you to get out in the Yorkshire Dales and enjoy the landscape and nature that we have around us.