"Through their passion for this special place, local people and businesses will keep the Yorkshire Dales National Park a thriving area. Its unique cultural landscape will be treasured for its stunning scenery, exceptional heritage and wonderful wildlife, and every year millions of people will be inspired to be part of it".
By 2040, the Yorkshire Dales National Park will be:
- A distinctive, living, working, cultural landscape that tells the on-going story of generations of people interacting with their environment;
- A friendly, open, and welcoming place with outstanding opportunities to enjoy its special qualities;
- Home to the finest variety of wildlife in England;
- Resilient and responsive to the impacts of climate change, storing more carbon each year than it produces;
- Providing an outstanding range of benefits for the nation based on its natural resources, landscape and cultural heritage, which underpin a flourishing local economy;
- Home to strong, self-reliant and balanced communities with good access to the services they need".
(Taken from the Yorkshire Dales National Park Management Plan 2013 - 2018)