This year, our annual Tourism Forum was held at the prestigious Sedbergh School, where local tourism businesses gathered together to hear from a range of inspirational speakers - this year we were very pleased to welcome Sarah Dunning OBE Chief Executive of the Westmorland Family, as our keynote speaker.
Businesses also heard from representatives from organisations leading on key projects in the Yorkshire Dales and find out what is planned for the coming season.
Tailored for people running tourism businesses in the Dales, the theme of the day was “Sharing Successes” and as the title suggests, this was an networking opportunity for tourism businesses, as well as an opportunity to learn about what some businesses have done to grow and flourish.
Sedbergh, famous for being England’s official book town, provided the backdrop to three exclusive “behind the scenes” tours, after the presentations and lunch. Representatives from the town of Sedbergh, and Sedbergh School very kindly gave their time to provide those that were able to stay, a chance to get to learn more about the school and the businesses operating in Sedbergh.
The agenda of the day is available here
A list of the businesses represented at the event is here
Presentation slides from the day are available by clicking the links below
- Sarah Dunning OBE, Chairman of Westmorland Limited
- The Westmorland Dales Landscape Partnership Project - David Evans, Development Officer & Sally Hemsley, Tourism Manager, Eden District Council –The Westmorland Dales
- The Lune Valley Offer - Robin Sadler, Kirkby Lonsdale Chamber of Trade and Board member of Kirkby Lonsdale Community Interest Company
- Updates from Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority, Welcome to Yorkshire and Cumbria Tourism
- Business 1 – Happy Days, Cumbria
- Business 2 – Skyware Press
- Business 3 – Mountain Goat
Local Business Case studies
If you would like to receive notifications of the events we arrange for tourism businesses, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org