The Yorkshire Dales National Park has some of the most iconic and best preserved historic landscapes in the country. Come along to our 2019 Archaeology Day (previously known as the Archaeology Day School) to discover and discuss the results of recent archaeological and historical research.
The conference will be held on Saturday 30 March 2019 at Richard Whiteley Theatre (Giggleswick School), BD24 0DE . You can download the flier via the link below.
The 2019 conference will have book stalls and poster displays and include talks on:
- "At the Cutting Edge: new work on the archaeology of the Giggleswick Scar Caves" - Tom Lord O.G.
- What does the YDNPA Historic Environment team do? – Miles Johnson
- ‘A brief introduction to archaeological pottery’ - Eniko Hudak
- 'Southerscales, Chapel-le-Dale: Romano-British, monastic … or neither?' - Dr David Johnson
- History keeps stacking up: Dairy Days excavation and surveys at Floshes Hill - Dr Douglas Mitcham
- The specification of mortars: rediscovering hot limes - James Innerdale
How to book
The conference fee is £15 (for full-time students/full Yorkshire Archaeological Society members the fee is £12.50). This fee includes refreshments but not lunch. Online debit/credit card bookings are available at our on line shop via the link below.
Alternatively please call 01969 652343 and we can process your credit/debit card details over the phone. We can be reached via email at email@example.com