How we can help
We offer a first stop service for farmers and landowners on both the old and the new agri-environment schemes. We work closely with Natural England who administer the Government's agri-environment schemes. The most up to date information on the schemes, including how to apply and scheme manuals, can be found on their website.
We can help with...
- Free advice visits to explain the range of national and regional grants available and how to apply for them.
- Help with all aspects of the Countryside Stewardship Scheme application process and the different levels of the Scheme. There may be a charge associated with some of this work but please contact us to find out how we can help.
- If you are interested in applying for Water Capital Grant you will need to have your application endorsed by the Catchment Sensitive Farming Officer (CSFO) and inside the National Park Boundary we are the acting CSFOs. Please contact us.
- We can also help people who are having difficulty with accessing any of the information.
Countryside Stewardship has two tiers; Mid Tier and Higher Tier. Unlike Environmental Stewardship, Countryside Stewardship is parcel based and not whole-farm. Applications are competitive and will be scored against others nationally.
- Applications for Higher Tier opened on 18 February 2019 and close on 3 May 2019.
- Applications for Mid Tier opened on 18 February 2019 and close on 31 July 2019. Note an application pack must be requested by 31 May.
Countryside Stewardship also has Hedgerow and Boundaries grants and the Water Capital Items. These can be incorporated into the Mid or Higher Tier agreements or can be a stand alone capital grant.
Hedgerow and Boundaries Grant
Hedgerows and boundaries grant opened for applications on 18 February 2019 and close on 3 May 2019. Please contact the Farm team if you would like any help or advice with these applications. Contact details below.
Water Capital Grant
The Water Capital Grant application window is now open for 2019. The dates are the same as Mid Tier window - it is open for applications from the 18 February 2019 and close on 31 July 2019. Note an application pack must be requested by 31 May.
Farmers that currently have an ELS or HLS agreement are not able to apply to the new scheme until their existing agreement expires, with the exception of:
- the Water Capital Grant Scheme if they are in a priority area for Water Quality. The priority areas can now be seen on Magic.
- Hedgerows and Boundaries – you can apply if you are in ELS. Unfortunately you cannot apply if you are currently in HLS or UELS.
Please contact us by:
- phone 0300 456 0030
- email email@example.com.