Tuesday 18 September 2018 10.30am-3.00pm
Askrigg Village Hall
Join us for tea and cake and the chance to find out how the Dairy Days project is progressing.
- Listen to oral history recordings of people who lived and farmed in Wensleydale. Tell us if you have dairying memories that you’d like recorded
- Hear about our research discovering Wensleydale’s dairying heritage – did you know that both Bainbridge and Thoralby had cheese factories?
- Displays of old photographs donated to the project. Bring your old photos along for us to scan
- Handle dairying artefacts from the collections at the Dales Countryside Museum. Tell us about cheese or butter-making items that you own
- Find out about our archaeological excavation and book a tour of the site later in the week
- Try traditional farmhouse cheeses from The Courtyard Dairy
- 10.30am-12.30pm Dairying demonstration by Jane Sammells
- 2.00pm Kefir-making demonstration
For further information contact Karen Griffiths (Dairy Days Project Officer) on 01756 751619 email: Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org
Part of the Yorkshire Dales Cheese Festival