Planning Committee meeting - February 2008
MEETING: PLANNING COMMITTEE
[Membership: R Alderson, RA Bird, J Blackie, Mrs A Brooks, SHK Butcher, G Dalton, W Fenten, C Hammond, TRN Harrison-Topham, D Heather, C Lis, Dr KM Petyt, S Shaw-Wright, Ms N Stedman and W Weston.]
VENUE: Yoredale, Bainbridge
DATE/TIME: Tuesday, 12 February 2008 at 10.30am
[NOTE: Members should make any declarations of interest at the start of the appropriate item.]
2. Public Question Time.
The National Park Authority has allocated up to 15 minutes at the start of meetings to allow members of the public the opportunity to ask questions and/or to make statements that relate to the work of the Committee. These may not, however, be in respect of any ‘live’ planning cases.
Written notice of all questions and/or the intention to make a statement must be received by the Chief Executive (National Park Officer) at Yoredale, Bainbridge, Leyburn DL8 3EL no later than 12 noon on the day before the meeting.
Each person will be allowed to address the meeting for up to three minutes.
3. Exclusion of the public from the meeting during the consideration of Item No 11 on the agenda on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in paragraphs 6 and 7 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act 1972.
4. Apologies for absence and Notices of Substitution.
5. Declarations of lobbying.
7. Planning application:
8. Enforcement issues:
George and Dragon, Aysgarth – Removal of unauthorised umbrellas.
Manor Grange Farm, Carperby – Unauthorised erection of poly-tunnel.
9. Analysis of Applications and Appeals: 1 October to 31 December 2007.
Private business - Report circulated to Members only
11. Enforcement Closures report.
12. Such other business as, in the opinion of the Chairman, should, by reason of special circumstances, be considered as a matter of urgency.
National Park Office,
1 February 2008
After the meeting, there will be a screening of a DVD produced by the Standards Board which is intended to illustrate the new Code of Conduct for Members, in the context of a contentious planning application. The DVD lasts approximately 30 minutes, and all members are invited (and indeed encouraged by the Standards Committee) to stay and view it.