Dales Tourism Steering Group
Dales Tourism is a partnership between Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority and Nidderdale AONB to deliver and take forward the European Sustainable Tourism Charter, with the help of a steering group of interested parties, including tourism businesses. The shared vision for tourism is:
- a broad and inclusive appeal based on the special qualities of the area resulting in greater understanding and responsible use, as well as a more vibrant and economically viable tourism sector.
- a culture of continuous improvement in the quality of the tourism product that aims to achieve the highest levels of visitor satisfaction.
- a genuinely sustainable tourism industry that meets the needs of the present generation without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs.
It is recognised that the role of the partnership is to facilitate the environment which enables this vision to be achieved. The vision can only be achieved through the tourism businesses in the area.
Each of the following bodies are invited to appoint an officer to the Steering Group:
- Welcome to Yorkshire
- Craven District Council
- Richmondshire District Council
- Harrogate District Council
- Eden District Council
- South Lakeland District Council
- Yorkshire Dales Society
- Dales Tourism Business Network
- Bolton Abbey Estate
- Natural England
- English Heritage
- Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust
- National Trust
- A community group
- Yorkshire Dales Access Forum
The role of the Steering Group is to advise on the development and delivery of the Sustainable Tourism Strategy for the protected areas.