You can search and view the following information relating to any planning application registered since 1 December 2005 (applications from before December 2005 may come up but documents will not be available to view):
- The progress of all applications
- Copies of application forms (app), plans (pla) and other documents accompanying planning applications (available within 5 working days of receipt)
- You can submit your comments by email about individual applications
- View the decision notices (dec) issued by the Authority
How to search
As search information must match exactly what has been entered by us to bring up a result, it is often best just to search on the application code or if you haven't got the application code then a key part of the address can be added to the site location box (ie 34 Temple Street, search on Temple Street) together with the parish.
Tip: Downloading application documents
Links to any application documents which can be downloaded may appear on the page several seconds after the rest of the application information appears. This is because they have to be retrieved from the database.
Commenting on a planning application
To comment on a planning application currently being processed please email email@example.com, quoting the application number and the development's location.
The Authority is obliged to make any correspondence received about an application available for inspection by the public.
You may find the following useful:
Do you require a planning history search?
The Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority can undertake planning history searches on individual properties or land. Should you require this service please forward the following by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Full address of the property
- Up to date scale plan showing the extent and location of the land you require searching clearly outlined in red
- £20 fee – please either pay over the phone with a card (01969 652345) or send a cheque made payable to YDNPA (Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority, Yoredale, Bainbridge, Leyburn, North Yorkshire, DL8 3EL)
This service is for planning history only; please refer to the relevant district council if a full Local Land Charges Search is required.
If you would like to view details of Environmental Impact Assessments / screening opinions which have been submitted to the Authority, only enter "EIA" in the application code box and alter the date range.
Terms and conditions
To use the search you must tick the box to confirm that you agree to the terms and conditions (opens in a new window) of its use. These refer to the copyright of material and may be viewed by following the link above or the one in the search itself.
If you experience any problems please email email@example.com, including as much information as possible, including the planning application number.